March Student Stars April Student Stars
Week 7: Ms. Smith
1. I was in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2016
2. Mrs. Gump was my kindergarten teacher!
3. I am a lemonade lover!
4. I coach colorguard for a local high school
5. I graduate from WVU!
6. I spend most of my summer days in a kayak!
7. This was my first year at Suncrest!
Week 6: Nurse Kate
- Born and raised in Morgantown, WV. The hospital I was born in, Vinvent Palloti, is no longer standing.
- Graduated from the "old" UHS
- Graduated from Waynesburg University
- Certified scuba diver
- Used to take Special Olympic kids downhill skiing.
- Book lover. I learned to love books from my mom, who was the Librarian at Westover Junior High. She would bring the new books for the library home over summer break and I would read them all.
- Love spending time with my 2 kids, husband and dog.
- Germ fighter!
Week 5: Ms. Moore
I love watermelon
I have been a teacher for three years, but only been at suncrest for two!
I just got a puppy.
I play music for my students a lot during the day
I’m known to be clumsy
I used to be a dancer
Homegrown pizza and salad is my favorite take out
I read Junie B. Jones throughout the school year for our read aloud!
Week 4: Mrs. Forinash
1) I was in the Army Reserves
2) I am from a big family - 3 brothers and 2 sisters
3) I have a cat
4) I love to read, play basketball and run
5) I have two sons - they are 10 years apart
6) My jobs: babysitter, McDonald's (for 1 week), Dairy Queen, Cedar Point, Administrative Assistant @ 3 different companies, Family Dollar, soldier, pizza place
7) My favorite subject - Math
Week 3: Mrs. Olmert
1. I graduated from West Virginia University.
2. I competed for Miss West Virginia
3. My hobbies include: photography, painting, and traveling
4. My favorite food is pickles.
5. If I could be an animal for a day- I would be a giraffe.
Week 2: Miss Tess
I have 1 dog and 1 cat.
I have been seen driving a "super big truck".
I enjoy gardening, hiking, kayaking and quilting.
Reggae Instrumental music is often played throughout the day in the classroom.
I am a Jimmy Johns fanatic.
I have been known to sell some tasty BBQ
I am often found riding a side by side on the weekends.
I am a big fan of Green Team.
I love cooking.
Week 1: Mrs. Dodrill
1) I grew up in a family business- a pizza place to be exact!
2) My favorite sport to play is volleyball.
3) I have been a teacher at Suncrest for 6 years. (My last name has changed in alphabetical order since I first started at Suncrest.)
4) My favorite subject is science- I love experiments!
5) You can find me on the top floor of the building (hint for grade level?)
6) My happy place is camping at Stonewall Jackson on the lake.